Secure Your Pet's Safety1. Use a microchip or collar with identification so that if you pet ever escapes you can be reached. Also, make sure the information stays up-to-date if you change your phone number.
2. You can put a pet rescue decal on the door or window of your home so that first responders know a pet could be inside.
3. Does your pet have certain places that they hid when they're scared? Make sure you know where they are so you can evacuate faster if something were to happen.
4. Think of a pet-friendly place that you can go in the event you should have to leave your home.
5. Keep an up-to-date image of your pet on your phone. If you ever get separated, you can use that to help find them faster.
Pet Emergency KitBecause life with a pet will keep you on your toes, and you can never be sure what it going to surprise you, keeping a pet emergency kit can save you some headaches.
Basic first aid supplies
- A 3 day supply of bottled water and food in a waterproof container
- Safety harness and leash
- Waste cleanup supplies
- Medications and a copy of the pet's medical records
- List of veterinarians and local pet care organizations
- List of the pet's feeding routine and any behavioral issues
- Comfort items, like blankets, or toys. Anything that keeps them comfortable.
What Should I Put In a Pet First Aid Kit?
- Book on pet first aid. While you can google most questions, if something should happen, like the power was out, you'd probably rather conserve your phone battery for something different.
- Chemical cold pack
- Adhesive tape
- Antibiotic cream
- Cotton swabs
- Self-cohesive flexible bandages (this stick to themselves and not to your pet's fur.)
- Disposable gloves
- Blunt tip scissors
- Sterile saline solution
- Hydrogen Peroxide (this can be used to make your pet throw up, but only after speaking with a professional)
- Syringe or plastic eye dropper for liquid medications
- Pet thermometer
Now that you have your emergency kit supplied and organized, you can relax knowing that minor emergencies can be handled.
Caring For Your Pet Through LifeIf you don't have an emergency kit put together for your pet, we hope that this list will inspire you. You can't know everything that can happen, but you can certainly try to be prepared for it. At the PetCot Company, we know how important your pet's comfort and safety are - which is part of why we created the PetCot bed. Our raised pet bed is ideal for any pet of any age. It sits up off the ground to support their joints, yet is easy to clean for you. Visit our website to learn more about our premium pet beds today!
Taking Comfort and Care to a New Level for Pets!
Follow ALL Our Social Media Channels!