While we show our pets love and affection every day, National Pet Day is all about giving special recognition to those who may not have the luxury of a loving caring home or family. So, in honor of this very special day, The PetCot Company has decided to help you out with ways to celebrate the fur babies in your home and your community!
9 Purrfect Ways to Celebrate National Pet Day:
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
- Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to care for the animals.
- Donate raised dog beds, food, toys and other supplies to a favorite animal welfare organization.
- Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store to educate on the importance of adopting from local shelters.
- Have a National Pet Day party and celebrate all your pets!
- Spend the day taking photos of your pets and then post them on our Facebook page!
- Assist an ill, elderly or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by purchasing pet food, hay or needed items for their pets.
- Buy your pet a fun new toy... or two... or five.
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
Just remember while your pets may be well cared for and loved, there are pets out there who are still waiting for their chance to shine. Whether the case may be they're in a shelter awaiting their fur-ever home, or their human companion is unable to care for them due to health issues or other unavoidable factors, today is all about helping out orphaned pet companions to improve their health and improve their opportunities for adoption.
Celebrate this important holiday at home giving your pets a little extra pampering or out in your community spreading the word of needy pets and how to make a difference. Your efforts to educate and bring awareness to this cause will be appreciated and won't go unnoticed. If you'd like to donate supplies to your local shelter, we've got great products that shelters would love to have - such as a raised dog bed or waterproof crate pads. Visit our website today to get your donation items ordered!